Where adventure and sentiment meet, you will find my work. Though I majored in English with a Creative Writing Emphasis (University of Toledo, Class of '17), I choose to express my creativity not only through writing, but also through digital design, fine arts, and music.
No matter what the form it takes, however, my art always centers on the themes of adventure and connecting to real lives. All of my writing, whether fiction or not, is in some way autobiographical or based on stories told to me by friends and family. When someone reads, views, or hears my work, I want to take them to a world which is modern, and yet has an innocence about it. I want them to leave my artwork feeling empathetic towards the subject, having a sentimental or adventurous experience.
Bachelor of Arts in English, Minor in Digital Art (Expected May 2017)
The University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio
- Semester Abroad in Pau, France (Fall 2015)
- International Travel Experience - France, Ireland, Spain
- Awarded Paul Block Scholarship and Rocket Scholar Award
Circulation Clerk, Toledo-Lucas County Public Library, Toledo, Ohio
- Greet and assist customers with charging and discharging books.
- Negotiate fines and accept payment for fines and merchandise.
- Assist customers with computers (Mac and Windows), scanners, copy machines, and fax machines.
- Maintain cleanliness of library.
- Sort and manage book deliveries.
Secretary/Assistant, Kelly C. Used Cars, Toledo, Ohio
January 2016-November 2016
- Answer telephones, text messages, and e-mails.
- Respond to inquiries, questions and reviews politely and accurately.
- Greet and assist customers with paperwork during sales appointments.
- Create advertisements, graphics, and content for business Facebook page.
- Schedule and confirm appointments for sales and vehicle maintenance.
- File customer applications and related information and maintain and update databases.
- Follow up with customers to finalize paperwork.
Hostess, J. Alexander’s Restaurant, Toledo, Ohio
- Greet and interact with guests to provide a relaxing and quality fine dining experience.
- Assign guests to tables suitable for their needs and according to rotation so that servers receive an appropriate number of seatings.
- Answer telephone calls and respond to inquiries or transfer calls.
- Maintain contact with kitchen staff, management, serving staff, and customers to ensure that dining details are handled properly and customers' concerns are addressed.
- Inspect restrooms for cleanliness and availability of supplies and clean restrooms when necessary.
Florist, Ken’s Flowers, Perrysburg, Ohio
- Perform office and retail service duties such as keeping financial records, serving customers, answering telephones, selling giftware items and receiving payment.
- Confer with clients regarding price and type of arrangement desired and the date, time, and place of delivery.
- Handle customer service and work to resolve customers' problems.
- Maintain cleanliness of the shop and care for plants, flowers, and foliage.
- Create and change in-store and window displays, designs, and looks seasonally.
- Create floral arrangements, bouquets, corsages and boutonnieres for floral cases and orders.
Below are a few photographs I captured while studying abroad at the Université de Pau in France, Fall 2015.