Chapter 5 Quiz (Instant Feedback)
Click on the answer of your choice for each item. You will instantly receive feedback as to the accuracy of your choice.(Click if you would like to download an answer key that you can print.)
1. Any behavior directed against persons because of their membership in a particular group best defines the term
2. According to the theoretical model of discrimination presented in lecture
3. Fred realizes that other Italian-Americans like himself vary considerably in their individual personalities and traits. However he also tends to think that most Irish-Americans are pretty much the same. Fred's behavior best illustrates
4. Illusory correlations occur when people associate (1) __________ events with (2) __________ group members.
5. Sherif's study at the Robber's Cave boy's camp found that the most effective way of reducing conflict between the two groups of boys was to
6. The nurses at the local hospital, who are mostly women, tend to be more kind and friendly than the doctors, who are mostly men. Social roles theory suggests that people are most likely see these differences in kindness and friendliness as resulting from
7. According to social identity theory, self-esteem can be enhanced through
8. According to your textbook, which of the following is most consistent with the concept of modern racism?
9. Intergroup contact is most likely to reduce intergroup conflict when
10. The "jigsaw classroom"
|| Back to the Main List of Quizzes || Forward to Chapter 6 Quiz ||
|| Back to the Social Psychology Main Page ||