Chapter 10 Quiz (Instant Feedback)
Click on the answer of your choice for each item. You will instantly receive feedback as to the accuracy of your choice.(Click if you would like to download an answer key that you can print.)
1. When helping is (1) __________, it is motivated by one's own self-interest. When helping is (2) __________ it is motivated by a desire to increase another person's welfare.
2. Research on the empathy-altruism hypothesis shows that people with a low empathic concern for a person in need are likely to help the other person
3. In general, a person is most likely to receive help from a stranger if she is
4. Two strangers pass on the street. Suddenly, one of them needs help that might be dangerous to give. Other people are watching. How does gender relate to the likelihood of helping in this situation?
5. The moral standard emphasizing that people should help those who need assistance best defines the norm of
6. The bystander effect is the effect whereby
|| Back to the Main List of Quizzes || Forward to Chapter 11 Quiz ||
|| Back to the Social Psychology Main Page ||